Saturday 9 June 2012

Payasam Food Chains




Usually I have heard  expecting mothers say “mujhe kuch katta khane ko dil kar raha hai.”.
Usually whenever I am expecting or even not expecting , I do feel like having ‘PAYASAM’(Kheer). 

Though usually I encounter the problem that payasams are restricted to temples and festive occasions like Onams and marriages , and have no food courts  to feed my frequent payasam  desires.

Suddenly my mind comes across the possibility of having payasam centres all over  kerela,south india and later all over India and abroad like Payasam food chains,similar to that of lassi’s joints or fastfood corners like McD’s.

Payasam’s are sweet rice pudding or kheer as it is called in  hindi .
There are many varieties of payasams like Aravana,Paal payasam,Nei payasam,Semia payasam,Parripu payasam,Palada Pradhaman to name a few.

All these varieties along with the sprinkle of coconut milk added on to them make a payasam  more yummy.

The endeavour that payasams are restricted to temples and festive occasions will certainly make it a financially attractive venture and also making it available every other day for desparate consumers like me.

And i am sure that the  devasam board  do not hold any copyright or patent to Payasam’s being made available other than the temples. 

2 comments: