Thursday 24 November 2016

India and its tyst with adult movies

"Cartoons are better than Indian Adult Cinema"- My nine year old 


In the age of smart phones with high speed internet connectivity,one night stands,live in relationships,pre-marital affairs,it is very unfortunate that we do not allow aesthetic adult movies to be made in India.

I think the Indian audience of the age group of  21  upwards is mature and should be given the opportunity to watch good adult cinema.

I believe censor board and the government should change as per the times and not get hypocritical or myopic.In this dynamically changing environment India cannot be deciding on self righteousness in preaching morality.

I believe every generation has its own do & don’t,I am sure when Raj Kapoor did have a bikini shoot of Sharmila Tagore,the entire country did oppose it and did become a topic of discussion in parliament ,but I believe over a period it did change the course of cinema for the better.

I think banning or preventing the filmmakers from making such kind of cinema,robs them of their creative expression.

I am in no way saying we make indecent or vulgar cinema,I am saying erotica is also a genre of creative expression with nudity as a part of it.

We have to allow and give adequate freedom of expression to  filmmakers to make elegant,beautiful,ascetic adult cinema rather than ending up making crap movies  like :kya kool hai hum, grand masti etc.

I believe audiences today are mature enough to understand ,discriminate and appreciate quality cinema.We have to come out of our myopic and stereotype visions and act as per the changing generations.

Also there has to be stricter implementation and enforcement of laws like agebar.
I wait for the day when genuine Indian adult movies find its way into the multiplexes.

2 comments: