Monday 30 May 2016

Story of a Compass


The best teachers teach from the heart ,not from the book.


Early in my school days my interest in mathematics was very limited, I used to do algebra alright, but geometry would just turn me off.

My maths teacher always stressed on the point that in geometry one can score the full marks and that it was very simple and easy.Still I never liked it,I stuck to algebra to get though.

In one of the Parent teacher meetings,she asked me why I did not like geometry,I said I did not like it because I did not like the compass,I just feel like taking the compass and poking somebody’s eyes with it.

She became a little afraid.

What did she do?

She brought me another compass, a red coloured one, plastic made.
Suddenly I started liking my new found toy,compass,my new found love towards the compass resulted in me spending more time with geometry and my interest towards mathematics grew.

Slowly Mathematics became my favourite subject in a few years time, every thanks to my school Maths teacher.

1 comment: