Saturday 8 December 2012

FARMER SUICIDES


Everyday I hear farmers commiting suicide
Each time I hear, I wonder why ?

Is it the drought?
Is it the unpaid loans?
Is it the scruples moneylenders?
Is it the hunger?
Is the esteem?
Is it the pride?  I wonder...

I am sure there is a solution for all...

Is it the loans that the government waives of at each election
And other times they are left to fend for themselves.

Some places I see lots of grains,lying,unutilised,rotting
Can’t they be distributed ,I wonder.
They say they don’t have cold storages,
As if cold storages have to be brought form Mars.

And every time government forms committee after committee
And report after reports
But still farmers go  on a suicide spree.
Sometimes the government prods itself saying ,
This year the no. of deaths are less than the last year
But isn’t a single death shameful.

Should I helplessly watch ,I wonder
Shall I tell them  STOP,DON’T,PLEASE
There is a solution for everything.
Can I give them an ounce of hope,I wonder?
Will they listen to my words,I wonder?
Will they understand and respond to my words,I wonder?

Can I bring back some happiness and smiles,I wonder...?
Can I empower them to a respectable and healthy life,I wonder...?

No comments:

Post a Comment